Macaroni & cheese
1 small onion or 1/2 large onion
2 T butter
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 cloves garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 28-oz can stewed tomatoes
1 lb noodles of your choice
1/4 lb chopped ham, optional
12 oz velveeta or other fake cheese
1/2 c milk
4 oz or so shredded cheddar
dry bread crumbs
1. Chop the onion & celery. Sautee in butter until translucent. If using fresh garlic, add it near the end so you don't burn it. If using garlic powder, use it in step 5 instead.
2. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain.
3. Cube the fake cheese. Put the fake cheese and milk in a bowl; microwave for about 30-40 seconds at a time, stirring until melted and smooth.
4. Put the noodles in a 13 x 9 cake pan or other similarly-sized casserole dish. Add the sauteed vegetables, the canned tomatoes, the cheese sauce, and the ham (if using), and stir it all up.
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, garlic powder (if using), cheddar cheese, and a lot of paprika. Some black pepper never hurt, either.
6. Cook at around 375 until it's browning on top & warm throughout. 15-20 minutes is usually enough.
Want more casseroles? Check out Natural Mommy's recipe swap.